34 Awesome Marriage Facts
April 1, 2022 | Marriage News | No Comments|
Ever have a question about marriage? Like, how long is the average marriage? How many times does the average married couple do the nooky? Well, you can find all those answers in the facts below.
- The average married couple has sex 68.5 times a year. Which is slightly more than once a week.
- 75% of people who marry partners from an affair eventually divorce.
- 1 in every 5 couples has a sexless marriage, having less than 10 encounters a year.
- The word “bride” comes from the old proto-germanic word meaning “to cook”.
- In France, you can marry a dead person.
- About 300 couples marry in Las Vegas every day.
- A man married a dog in India as atonement.
- People who endure more than 45 minute commute are 40% more likely to divorce. YIKES!
- a 99-year-old man divorced his 96-year-old wife after 77 years of marriage because he discovered an affair she had in the 1940’s
- First marriages that end in a divorce usually last approximately 8 years. So, it’s an 8 year itch, not a 7 year.
- A woman named Erika La Tour Eiffel “married” the Eiffel Tower in 2007
- Couples who live together before engagement have a higher divorce rate than those who wait.
- Most married couples are happiest in their third year of marriage.
- There are 100 divorces every hour in the U.S.
- Nero, the Roman Emperor, married a man, one of his freedmen taking the role of the bride.
- In Iran, a law from 2013 allows men to marry their 13-year-old adopted daughters.
- The tradition of exchanging wedding rings goes back to ancient Egyptian times.
- Couples who spend more money on their wedding have a higher divorce rate.
- Interracial marriage was banned in the U.S. for much of its history: from 1776 to 1967.
- Mail-order marriages are less likely to end in divorce than marriages overall in the U.S.
- Marital infidelity was punishable by jail in South Korea until 2015.