14 Unique Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Husband
Valentine’s Day is so often construed as a one-way holiday. Men are expected to buy their wives flowers and chocolates and jewelry, but what do the men get in return? The longer you’re married the more you know that you need to treat your partner equally if you want to be happy. This means spending a little bit of effort on Valentine’s Day to be creative and make sure that your husband feels appreciated and is reminded of just how much you love him.
Thinking outside of the boundaries of traditional Valentine’s Day gifts is a great way to surprise your husband with something that he will really appreciate this year.
Here are a few ideas as to how you can make this Valentine’s Day the best yet:
- Get a babysitter and spend the night enjoying each others company at home without any of the usual stressors
- Break out the DVD player and make a movie marathon of old classics that you enjoyed when you were dating.
- Head out for a new experience like skydiving or bungee jumping to bring a little bit of thrill into your marriage
- Buy tickets to a local sports event happening in town and spend time together cheering on the home team.
- See what concerts are happening soon in your area and get tickets to the show.
- Plan a short road trip to somewhere nearby that you have never explored before.
- Make reservations at a local restaurant that you’ve never tried before, or take the time to visit an old favorite that you haven’t been to in a while.
- Get him a subscription to the Gentleman’s Box–a great subscription box filled with luxury accessories. Get 20% off your first box when you join the MarriageBliss member page.
- Check with local breweries for tours and tastings
- Update his tool collection with something he’s needed to show him how much you appreciate everything he does around the house.
- Pay for someone else to take care of the yard for a month or two so he can have a bit of time off from the housework.
- Get him that new gadget he’s been hoping for so he can have a bit of fun
- Sign both of you up for an experience you’d enjoy, like boxing classes or motorcycle driving lessons
- Get his car detailed and washed so that he can drive around in comfort and style for a while.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be about frills and chocolate, but it should be about showing the people in your life how much you appreciate them and how much you care about their happiness by providing them with the type of things that they really appreciate. For a lot of men, these are simple things. Gifts that make their lives easier, gifts that provide great new experiences, and gifts that remind them of the great experiences that you’ve had together in the past are all great ways to really make sure that your husband feels appreciated and cared about this Valentine’s Day.